creative cook co is here to teach you all we know about cooking. We are based in San Diego North County but can come to your house too. Our cooking classes are always fully hands-on and being praised for
new cooking classes near you!
Due to the Covid-19 (Corona) virus, we are cancelling all public cooking classes for now. Sign up for our mailing list to be notified when we start them up again.
flavors of 1001-nights – Morocco
MARCH 9 | 6pm | La Jolla Community Center
Ah Morocco, country of stunning, beautiful flavors! From exiting seaside towns to the mysterious medina of Marrakesh and the smallest rural villages in the deserts, Morocco is full of wonderful flavors. From cone shaped tajines (stews) and couscous to vegetable salads and the sweetest desserts, this class brings you instantly across the ocean. More info.
MARCH 16 | 6pm | La Jolla Community Center
A student favorite and the most essential kitchen skill of all: knife skills. In this 2-hour class, we will talk knives, show you what they’re for, but mostly you will chop. And chop. Chop. Mince. Supreme. Cut. Dice. Check it out!
Cooking with the seasons: Beets
MARCH 23 | 6pm | La Jolla Community Center
Cooking with seasonal vegetables can be both challenging and fun. Cheaper too. In the first of class of the series Cooking with the seasons series, Edie will show you what you can do with beets. And its leaves! Sign up here!
Spanish tapas night
APRIL 13 | 6 pm | La Jolla Community Center
Originated in the Andalusia region in Spain, nowadays everyone all over the world loves tapas. These are small bites, originally used to cover a glass of sherry to protect it from fruit flies. And to show travelers what the cook could serve, as menus weren’t very common in the 19th century. Although a tapa can be as simple as a slice of cheese or chorizo, in this class we’ll go a bit more advanced than that. Come and learn to make easy appetizers for every occasion.
APRIL 27 | 6 pm | La Jolla Community Center
Summer is starting, so let’s say hello to healthy, nourishing and full-filling salad style dinners, that are also great as lunch. Not only you’ll master the art of making beautiful vinaigrettes and dressings, chef Edie also teaches you how to vary with old and new grains, legumes, proteins, nuts, cheeses and various kinds of vegetables in different combinations. Come surprise your senses!
thoughts? tips? comments?
Let us know what you think of these classes! You can’t do Mondays? What times would work for you? What do you want to learn from Edie? Let us know how we can make the best cooking class calendar that works for you!
aka the terms and conditions of the cooking classes
- You can sign up for a class by sending us an email. Please let us know
- what class(es) you are signing up for,
- your contact details (name, address, phone number),
- names and email addresses of all other people in your group,
- dietary restrictions, if any.
- members of La Jolla Community Center get a $5 discount, so don’t forget to mention it.
- We will email you back with payment details and a waiver for all participants to sign.
- All classes are for adults only (21+).
- All classes are reserved on a first come first serve basis. Participation is only guaranteed after you received a confirmation of your payment. It’s your responsibility to contact us if you haven’t received your confirmation within a week after paying.
- Cancellations are not refundable, but you are welcome to send someone in your place. Please notify us at least 24 hours in advance. If you are registered for a class and do not show up, then that class is a used ticket.
- Due to the small size and personal style of our classes creative cook co reserves the right to cancel, change or reschedule any confirmed class.
- When participating in a class, you release, indemnify and exclude us, our contractors and employees from any and all liability of any kind in case of physical injury incurred, or any damage to or loss of personal items or to the kitchen and our items while attending a class.
- You understand these terms and conditions and accept the inherent risks of a kitchen environment when you make a full payment for a class.