creative cook co is here to teach you all we know about cooking. We are based in San Diego North County but can come to your house too. Our cooking classes are always fully hands-on and being praised for
At this moment, we don’t offer public cooking classes. Yet!
We’re working on it and thinking about having the cooking classes on Monday evenings.
This is a list of the classes that we’re thinking of.
(In the mean time … we can come to your home to teach you these classes in private!)
A student favorite and the most essential kitchen skill of all: knife skills. In this 2-hour class, we will talk knives, show you what they’re for, but mostly you will chop. And chop. Chop. Mince. Supreme. Cut. Dice.
If you want to expand your weeknight pasta repertoire: come to this cooking class! We will make our 4 favorite easy and quick pasta meals that will become your family’s favorites too.
Spanish tapas night
Shared dining is not a new concept. Originated in the Andalusia region in Spain, nowadays everyone all over the world loves tapas. These small bites, originally used to cover a glass of sherry to protect it from flies, can be as simple as a slice of cheese. In this class we’ll go a bit more advanced than that.
Forget that pile of green leaves! Enjoy Edie’s Sensational Salads, a new way of eating (example). Not only you’ll master the art of making beautiful vinaigrettes and dressings, chef Edie also teaches you how to vary with old and new grains, legumes, proteins, nuts, cheeses and various kinds of vegetables in different combinations.
fermenting I: the basics of lacto-fermentation
Want to learn about fermenting, but no clue where to start? Or have you followed some recipes, but want to learn more? Or is it simply time to learn a new skill? Come to this class! Chef Edie will teach you the basics of lacto-fermentation (sauerkraut, kimchi, sparkling carrot sticks) that will encourage you to start fermenting all kinds of vegetables yourself.
flavors of 1001-nights – Morocco
Ah Morocco, country of stunning, beautiful flavors! From exiting seaside towns to the mysterious medina of Marrakesh and the smallest rural villages in the deserts, Morocco is full of wonderful flavors. From cone shaped tajines (stews) and couscous to vegetable salads and the sweetest desserts, this class brings you instantly across the ocean.
thoughts? tips? comments?
Let us know what you think of these classes! What do you want to learn from Edie? You can’t do Mondays? What times would work for you? Let us know how we can make the best cooking class calendar that works for you!
aka the terms and conditions of the cooking classes
- You can sign up for a class by sending us an email. Please let us know
- what class(es) you are signing up for,
- your contact details (name, address, phone number),
- names and email addresses of all other people in your group,
- dietary restrictions, if any.
- We will email you back with payment details and a waiver for all participants to sign.
- All classes are for adults only (21+).
- All classes are reserved on a first come first serve basis. Participation is only guaranteed after you received a confirmation of your payment. It’s your responsibility to contact us if you haven’t received your confirmation within a week after paying.
- Cancellations are not refundable, but you are welcome to send someone in your place. Please notify us at least 24 hours in advance. If you are registered for a class and do not show up, then that class is a used ticket.
- Due to the small size and personal style of our classes creative cook co reserves the right to cancel, change or reschedule any confirmed class.
- When participating in a class, you release, indemnify and exclude us, our contractors and employees from any and all liability of any kind in case of physical injury incurred, or any damage to or loss of personal items or to the kitchen and our items while attending a class.
- You understand these terms and conditions and accept the inherent risks of a kitchen environment when you make a full payment for a class.